IELTS Writing Task 2 in 2018:
Organized tour to remote community and other countries is increasingly popular. Is it a positive or negative development for the local people and environment?
The past few years have witnessed the burgeoning growth of organized tours to secluded parts of the world. From my perspective, this phenomenon brings both and beneficial and adverse outcomes on the locals and the environmental quality.
- Recent IELTS Question in 2018 & Band 9 Model Answer
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Government Spending & Band 8.5 Sample
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Economic Growth with Model Essay
- IELTS Writing Task 2 in August 2018 with Sample – Topic: Children
- IELTS Writing Test in April 2018 & Band 8.5 Sample Essay
The ever-increasing popularity of package tours to rural areas offers definite perks. Regarding the locals, they can enjoy the amelioration in the living standard. To achieve an increment in tourist arrivals and cater for the growing demand of incoming tourists, more entertainment facilities and transport infrastructure within these locations are often established and improved. Such easier access to better amenities can bring more joy and make lives less difficult in remote areas. As for the environment, tourists tend to show preference for lush and verdant space when it comes to what countryside or far flung retreats has to offer. Thus, more trees would be planted and the air quality would then be significantly improved.
However, there can also be certain negative impacts brought by this trend that are worth mentioning. Firstly, the development of this mode of tourism may give rise to environmental degradation. Organized tours often bring a massive number of tourists to remote and previously unspoilt areas. This can be explained by a significant amount of water and air pollution as environmentally unconscious tourists may throw litter or spit on the streets. Secondly, tourists should also be held accountable for causing enormous disturbance to the life of locals. Intrigued by the exotic way of living that they hardly encounter in their daily life, some tourists may give themselves the autonomy to interfere with local residents’ life such as freely going into their houses to explore, or asking too many questions surrounding their private lives.
In conclusion, both beneficial and detrimental effects on local people and the environment can be seen as a result of the rise in trips to distant regions.
300 words by IELTS Corner
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!