IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic
Traffic and accommodation problems are increasing and government should encourage businesses to move from cities to rural areas. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 25 & BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWER
- IELTS WRITING TASK 2 PRACTICE TEST 24 & BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWER
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 21 and BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWER
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (December, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Answers
Band 8.5 Sample Essay
In the past, factories were often built in close proximity to city areas as the lack of transportation forbade people to do otherwise. However, this is not exactly the case today, when industries and businesses are moving from municipal and into countryside areas in flocks. This essay will elaborate on both positive and negative effects of this trend.
On the positive side, firstly, this movement makes perfect environmental sense. Due to industrial activities, residents of many cities around the world are still breathing in air and consume water dirty enough to cause numerous health diseases. Therefore, moving businesses out of the cities will rid human and other species of pollution. A further advantage of this trend is reducing the gap between the rich and the poor in a country, as countryside dwellers can opt to work in factories with higher pay, rather than agricultural work. This will eventually bring about peace and harmony to society.
On the negative side, doing business in the countryside also represents some notable drawbacks. To begin with, skilled workers are a rarity in rural areas. Most of people living in small towns and villages do not receive sufficient education to undertake intellectual jobs. What is also disadvantageous is based in regional areas, companies risk distancing themselves further from their customers, their suppliers and other partners in their business transactions, which can weaken their profitability.
In conclusion, moving business from cities to rural areas can be a smart decision. However, there are disadvantages that should be weighed carefully against the advantages.
Useful words and expressions:
Be in close proximity to: be close to
A flock of: a lot of
To elaborate (v.) to explain further
In flocks: a lot of them.
Rid human and other species of pollution: to make them free of pollution.
To make environmental sense: to be good for the environment
To rid somebody of something: remove that thing from someone.
To undertake: To bear the responsibility of, to carry out
Intellectual jobs (n.) jobs that require mental skills.
Weaken their profitability: make it less profitable
Distance yourself from: to stay away from
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!