IELTS Writing Task 2
The increase in people’s life expectancy means that they have to work older to pay for their retirement. One alternative is that people start to work at a younger age. Is this alternative a positive or negative development?
As people’s life expectancy is becoming higher every day, older citizens have to devote more of their time to work. However, some decide to work at a younger age. From my own perspective, this trend is positive.
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating)
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in February 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test in July, 2016 & Sample Essay
- IELTS Writing Actual Tests (Task 2) in 2015 & Model Essays
- IELTS Writing Recent Test in March 2018 & Model Essay
Entering the workforce at an earlier age can be a good choice for people’s better financial circumstances when they become old. The younger a person is, the more energetic and persistent he or she is in their job. Without a shadow of a doubt, youths can perform most office-related tasks with their zeal and the best degree of their productivity. They are less absent-minded and would make fewer blunders and work while being capable of multi-tasking. Given this, promotion prospects are promising and they are likely to climb up the career ladder within some years. As a consequence, their income could be colossal enough to well afford them for the future retirement life.
Besides, unlike the old citizens who might choose to start work late or fail to make headway in their career progression, the proactive young individuals would have been wise if they opt for this alternative of working early. There is more time to sample different work environments, learn new skills and meet people from diverse backgrounds without having to concern themselves about the low salary or missed opportunities triggered by job hopping. They can do this as long as they like since the youth age permits experience and gives them plenty of freedom to pursue their dreams. The salary then still accumulates in value, but the youths have job satisfaction and live their life to the fullest.
By way of conclusion, I would contend that the contemporary situation in which young people start making a living earlier than in the past is a positive development.
293 words by IELTS Corner
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!