IELTS Writing Task 1
- Recent IELTS Writing Test (Task 1 & 2) with Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic in 2018 – Technology with Model Essay
- Recent IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic in 2018: Technology & Band 8.0 Model Essay
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic in 2018: Travel & Tourism & Model Essay
- IELTS Writing Test in June 2018 with Model Essay
The line graph shows the number of newly graduated students in the UK, while the bar chart compares their proportions in five different jobs occupied by them between 1992 and 2002.
In general, the number of fresh graduates in the UK underwent a sharp rise to peak, followed by a less dramatic fall with an overall increasing trend. While jobs requiring professional skills were top preference of fresh graduates, working in a sales department was least opted.
In 1992, the UK welcomed 165,000 fresh graduates. This number then increased dramatically and hit a peak of 195,000 in 1997 before falling back to 180,000 in the next five years.
It can be from the breakdown that although the highest percentage of about 58% of fresh graduates in 1992 became professional workers, and this kind of job gradually lost its popularity with only 43% people choosing this profession in 2002. Experiencing an insignificant downward trend, the proportion of new graduates working as managers and administrators declined from well over 20% (about 33,000 graduates) to around 18% in 1997 and remained stable till 2002.
By contrast, more young adults were keen on clerical and secretarial positions, with figure doubling from nearly 9% to roughly 20% over the period. Likewise, sales and other professions also saw a rise in popularity among fresh graduating students, yet negligible, to around 10%.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Art & Technology with Model Essay - May 30, 2018
- 15 IELTS Practice Tests (Book) - May 29, 2018
- IELTS Success Formula For Academic & General Training Module (Book) - May 26, 2018