You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The bar chart below shows the production of the world’s oil in OPEC and non-OPEC countries.
Write a short report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic : different methods of waste disposal in four cities – Bar Chart
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic : numbers of male and female research students studying six computer science subjects at a US university – Bar Graph
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic : global population percentages and distribution of wealth by region – Bar Chart
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic : proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in UK – Pie Chart
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic : average consumption of food in the world – Pie Chart
Write at least 150 words.
The graph gives past, present and future data concerning the production of world’s oil on OPEC and non-OPEC countries. The figures indicate that while the production of oil in Middle Eastern OPEC countries is predicted to increase considerably, oil production elsewhere is likely to fall.
Also check: IELTS Writing Task 1
Between 1980 and 2000, most of the world’s oil came from non-OPEC countries; only two million barrels per day were produced by OPEC countries. Since then, these figures have changed considerably. Between 2000 and 2010 it is predicted that approximately 10 million barrels will come from Middle Eastern OPEC countries, while a further 10 million barrels will be provided by other OPEC or non-OPEC countries.
Although forecasters predict that oil production is likely to stabilise between 2010 and 2020, a lot more of this oil is expected to come from the Middle Eastern OPEC countries, and under 5 million barrels per day from other areas.