The bar chart shows the number of visitors to three London Museums between 2007 and 2012. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 41 – Line Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 40 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 39 – Table
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 38 – Line Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 35 – Table
The bar chart illustrates information about how many people per year visited three London museums over six-year period from 2007 to 2012.
Overall, what stands out from the graph is there was gradual upward trend in the number of visitors of the National Gallery, which became the most popular museum from being at last place, while the Victoria and Albert Museum followed the opposite trend. In detail, in the first two years of the period, the number of visitors of Victoria and Albert Museum remained stable at 13.5 million, and then fell to 9 million in 2010, while that of British Museum, dropped significantly by 50%, from 12 million to 6 million and remained at this level in 2009.
However, there was gradual upward trend in the number of visitors of both British Museum and Victoria and Albert from 2010 to 2012, the former number doubled and the latter rose by more than 50%, finishing at 14.5 and 40 million respectively. In addition, there was significant increase of the number of visitors of National Gallery over the whole six-year period, the figure finishing at almost 16 million.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (January – April) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Art & Technology with Model Essay - May 30, 2018
- 15 IELTS Practice Tests (Book) - May 29, 2018