IELTS Cue Card for IELTS Speaking Part 2:
Describe a goal that you would like to achieve.
You should say:
what the goal is
how easy or difficult you think it will be to reach this goal
how you plan to achieve this goal and explain why this is one of your goals.
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 52 – Topic: A Special Toy
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 50 – Topic: A Meal You Had With Your Friends
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 46 – Topic: local news people interested in
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 44 – Topic: A TV Program that Made You Laugh
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 42 – Topic: A Product You Were Happy With
BAND 9.0 SAMPLE ANSWER:
One of my goals in the near future is to improve my proficiency in Japanese. Actually, I have been studying Japanese for two months; therefore, I can just hold some simple conversations about daily life. There are various reasons why I want to study this language.
Firstly, I am keen on Japanese culture, which is so incredibly unique and diverse. By learning Japanese, I can know more about traditions there. Secondly, I have always longed to work for a Japanese company. Since people in Japan are organized and hard-working, collaborating with them gives me a good chance to improve myself. That‟s why I really want to master this language. To achieve this goal, I am taking a Japanese course with a native teacher who gives me the best methods to study Japanese effectively. Besides, I am trying to practice speaking Japanese with my friends and watch as many Japanese films as possible, so that my level of Japanese can be improved considerably. I hope that soon I will have a good command of Japanese and I am sure that I will remain motivated to achieve my goal.
hold conversations: [expression] have conversations Example: It is impossible to hold conversations in that place – it is too noisy !
keen on: [adjective] very interested in an idea or activity
Example: My parents are very keen on visiting my uncle in the US.
diverse: [adjective] very different and varied. Example: New York is a big city with people from diverse cultures.
longed to: [phrasal verb] wanted to do something very much. Example: It is just a dream, but I have always longed to be a famous musician.
master: [verb] learn or understand something completely. Example: In many jobs we have to master new techniques, such as computer skills.
have a command of: [expression] have an ability to do or use something – especially a language. Example: You must have a good command of English in order to pass the IELTS exam.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!