A Goal You Have – IELTS Cue Card Sample 48
Describe a goal that you would like to achieve.
You should say:
BAND 9.0 SAMPLE ANSWER:
One of my goals in the near future is to improve my proficiency in Japanese. I have been studying Japanese for two months; therefore, I can just hold some simple conversations about daily life. There are various reasons why I want to study this language.
Firstly, I am keen on Japanese culture, which is so incredibly unique and diverse. By learning Japanese, I can know more about traditions there. Secondly, I have always longed to work for a Japanese company. Since people in Japan are organized and hard-working, collaborating with them gives me a good chance to improve myself. That‟s why mastering this language is important to me. To achieve this goal, I am taking a Japanese course with a native teacher who gives me the best methods to study Japanese effectively. Besides, I am trying to practice speaking Japanese with my friends and watch as many Japanese films as possible, so that my level of Japanese can be improved considerably. I hope that soon I will have a good command of Japanese and I am sure that I will remain motivated to achieve my goal.
- hold conversations: [expression] have conversations Example: It is impossible to hold conversations in that place – it is too noisy !
- keen on: [adjective] very interested in an idea or activity Example: My parents are very keen on visiting my uncle in the US.
- diverse: [adjective] very different and varied. Example: New York is a big city with people from diverse cultures.
- longed to: [phrasal verb] wanted to do something very much. Example: It is just a dream, but I have always longed to be a famous musician.
- master: [verb] learn or understand something completely. Example: In many jobs we have to master new techniques, such as computer skills.
- have a command of: [expression] have an ability to do or use something – especially a language. Example: You must have a good command of English in order to pass the IELTS exam.
Bonus Cue Card:
Describe a goal you achieved. You should say:
Also check :