There have been many inventions in human history, such as the wheel. Some people think the most important thing is the internet. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
There have many discoveries and inventions throughout human history such as the wheel, printing technology and motored vehicles. Some people say that the internet is the single most momentous invention. I do not completely agree with this point of view.
- IELTS Writing Task 2 in November 2017 & Model Essays – Topic: Families
- IELTS Writing Task 2 in October 2017 & Model Answer – Topic: Global Issues
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Aging Population & Model Answers
- IELTS Writing Test in 2019 with Band 8.0 Model Essay
- IELTS Writing Recent Test in March 2018 & Model Essay
It is true that in the digital era, the internet is a source of information storage and dissemination, which facilitates our lives to a great extent. For example, we can upload our important materials as pdf or rar files onto Google drive and can have instant access to them whenever and wherever we are. Besides, the internet is the platform on which various marvelous softwares and services are based on. Facebook, for instance, is the most popular way of exchanging information among friends and family members. Without the internet connection, people would be isolated and the world might become a distant place for everyone.
However, there exist other equally valuable and irreplaceable inventions. The first one worthy of consideration is electricity. All electronic devices operate by electricity and in its absence, the internet would have never been invented in the first place. In addition, for the internet to become popular, we have to mention the invention and prevalence of smartphones and other intelligent devices. Today, billions of people are using their smartphones to send messages, log on Google to search for information, post statuses on Facebook. Without this device, the internet would be much less known, and few people might recognize its existence.
In conclusion, the internet gives us enormous benefits, however, other discoveries and inventions that are equally important. I think that each invention is significant in its own way and without one, the others will not be invented.
278 words – IELTS Corner.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!