TOPIC 14: HOMETOWN
What’s (the name of) your hometown?
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Holidays & Sample Answers
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Flowers & Sample Answers
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Noise & Sample Answers
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: House & Sample Answers
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Public Transport & Sample Answers
Is that a big city or a small place?
Please describe your hometown a little?
How long have you been living there?
What do you like (most) about your hometown?
Is there anything you dislike about it?
Do you think you will continue living there for a long time?
Has your hometown changed much since you were a child?
Are there any changes you would like to make in your hometown?
1. What’s (the name of) your hometown?
Victoria is my hometown which’s a province located in the west of my country.
2. Is that a big city or a small place?
Actually, it is a small province with slightly more than 1 billion people. It has beautiful landscapes with mountains and lakes. However, due to the increasing economy, a number of business, especially in sugarcane, are invested in my hometown that turns it into a promising area.
3. Please describe your hometown a little?
My hometown is traditional and modern. On the one hand, tradition is preserved by a number of festivals celebrated by local people. On the other hand, we preserve the historical sites for tourism and education.
Historical sites (n) a building that was built in the past
4. How long have you been living there?
I had lived there around 15 years before my family left for Santa City. It’s more than ten years since the day I left my hometown but in my mind, it is indeed a good memory of my childhood.
5. What do you like (most) about your hometown?
I like the hospitality and the love of people there which I hardly find them in my current place. Everyone is living close together and willing to give others a hand when they need help.
Hospitality (n) The friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers
Give someone a hand (idiom) to help someone do something
6. Is there anything you dislike about it?
Personally, it’s a bit boring for me because as a small town, there is not much shopping mall or any other means of entertainment. The streets are not very crowded as well. However, I believe that it has been improving day by day and becoming a potential hotspot due to the increasing number of annual visitors.
7. Do you think you will continue living there for a long time?
To be honest, I hope I could come back there one day to visit my relatives and friends, but to settle down my life there is not my plan. I am getting familiar with city life and there are more job opportunities for my future career.
To settle down (v) adopt a more steady or secure style of life, especially in a permanent job and home
8. Has your hometown changed much since you were a child?
Actually yes. It has changed enormously. 20 years ago I could barely find tall building around my area, but now I can easily catch sight of skyscrapers and tower blocks there.
9. Are there any changes you would like to make in your hometown?
I would like to ameliorate the infrastructure conditions there so that I can avoid being stuck in the traffic jam during the rush hours.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 34 (Task 1 & 2) & Sample Answers - January 10, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test (Task 1, 2) in January 2017 & Model Essays - January 10, 2017
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Hometown & Sample Answers - January 9, 2017