Topic: The table shows the percentage of journeys made by different forms of transport in four countries, The bar graph shows the results of a survey into car use.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 08 – Table
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 24 – Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 23 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 22 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 21 – Pie Chart
Write at least 150 words.
|Journeys made by||Canada||Belgium||Germany||Netherland|
The table compares modes of transport used in four countries: Canada, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands. Percentage of journeys made by car, bicycle, public transport and on foot are given. The bar chart shows the results of a survey into reasons people in the Canada travel to work by car.
As can be seen from the table, cars were the most frequently used from of transport in all four countries. However, the proportion of journeys made by car ranged from a low of 47 per cent in the Netherlands to a high of 90 per cent in the Canada. Figures for the other forms of transport also varied considerably. Not surprisingly, in the Netherlands, a high proportion of trips were made by bicycle (26%) and on foot (18%). The highest rate of public transport use was in Germany, where nearly one in five journeys was made by public transport.
The bar chart provides information that may help explain why car use in the Canada. The most frequently cited reason was lack of any other alternative (38%). Although a sizeable percentage said it was more convenient (12%), the other factors listed appeared to relate more to need than preference, e.g. working night shift.
Overall, the figures show considerable variation in modes of transport used, though the car continues to dominate in most contexts.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
p style=”text-align: right;”>Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!