- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 41 – Line Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 40 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 39 – Table
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 38 – Line Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 37 – Bar Chart
The bar chart below shows the total number of minutes (in billions) of telephone calls in Australia, divided into three categories, from 2001- 2008. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words
The chart shows the time spent by Australian resident on different types of telephone calls between 2001 and 2008.
Local fixed line calls were the highest throughout the period, rising from 72 billion minutes in 2001 to just under 90 billion in 2003. After peaking at 90 billion the following year, these calls had fallen back to the 2001 figure by 2008.
National and international fixed line calls grew steadily from 38 billion to 61 billion at end of the period in question, though the growth slowed over the last two years.
There was a dramatic increase in mobile calls from 2 billion to 46 billion minutes. This rise was particularly noticeable between 2005 and 2008, during which time the use of mobile phones tripled.
To sum up, although local fixed line calls were still most popular in 2008, the gap between the three categories had narrowed considerably over the second half of the period in question.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
p style=”text-align: right;”>Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (January – April) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Art & Technology with Model Essay - May 30, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!