IELTS Writing Task 2 Cause/Solution Essay Topic: Walking is a good exercise for health
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
Fewer and fewer people walk on a daily basis. What are the reasons and how to encourage them to spend their time walking? OR
Health experts believe that walking is a good exercise for health. However, people are walking less nowadays. Why is this happening? How can people be encouraged to walk more?
Get Evaluated for FREE:
Do you have an essay on this topic? Please post it in the comments section. One of our IELTS trainers will evaluate your essay from an examiner’s point of view and reply to the comment. This service is completely FREE of cost.
Band 9.0 Sample :
People seem to be increasingly reluctant to have a walk regularly. As there are certain causes of such a trend, some solutions are also available to urge people to walk more.
Among the reasons for the lack of people’s interest in the walking activity, the convenience of modern technology in traveling, and the boredom of walking activity are the two significant ones. Firstly, some technological applications supporting travelling such as electric lifts and escalators are very common in public places. These devices help people to move to the higher levels of a building more easily and quickly than using the stairs, so people would feel unnecessary to walk. Secondly, walking for exercise can seem monotonous to many people because they have to repeat a series of actions every day, unlike going to the gym to use different exercising machines; additionally, it is less boring to train with and talk to other members at the gym.
In order to raise people’s interest in walking, there are some workable solutions to be adopted. Firstly, walking the stairs can be made a more enjoyable experience by adding some attractive decorations to them. For example, some 3D painting artists can be hired to paint their eye-catching works of art on the walls and the staircases, which may make people excited to use the stairs the next time. In addition, companies can offer some incentives such as free gym membership to the employees who use the stairs instead of the lift. They can also hold a company event in the form of a walking competition with prizes to promote the benefits of walking for health.
In conclusion, people dislike walking for several reasons, and this problem of inactivity can be addressed with some measures suggested.
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Studies Show That Many Criminals Have A Low Level Of Education
- Students Today Can Access Information Online So Libraries Are Not Necessary
- Nations Should Spend More Money On Skills And Vocational Training For Practical Work
- In Many Countries Government Spend A Lot Of Money Celebrating National Holidays
- There Is A General Increase In Anti-Social Behavior And Lack Of Respect For Others
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Tips
- Tips to Improve IELTS Writing Skills
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- IELTS Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors