IELTS Writing Task 1 question:
The two maps below show an island, before and after the construction of some tourist facilities.
- IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 (Process) & Band 9 Model Sample
- IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 (Table) & Band 9 Model Sample
- IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 (Pie Chart) & Band 9 Model Sample
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 (Line Graph) & Band 9 Model Essay
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 13 From IELTS Practice Test Plus 03
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words
Task 1 plan:
- Introduction: rewrite the question statement in your own words.
- Overview: point out 2 key changes shown during the period
- accommodation, reception and restaurant
- a pier for boats to land bringing tourists
- Details: before: island undeveloped with a few trees. Describe new accommodation, reception and restaurant, and their location. The beach. Describe all footpaths
- Details: note the other changes – pier gives access, describe all vehicle tracks.
The maps compare a small island before and after the developments carried out for tourism purposes.
Overall, it is clear that accommodation and other facilities for tourists were built and that a pier was constructed to permit access to the island by boat.
The island was originally completely undeveloped. A number of trees occupied the northern and southern parts. In the central part of the island, two separate accommodation areas were then built, consisting of simple huts arranged round a circular footpath. A reception area and restaurant were located in the centre of these two areas. Another footpath was constructed, leading to the beach on the western edge of the island and an area there for tourists to swim.
Access to the island was made possible by the construction of a pier, for tourists to land safely by boat. A vehicle track then connected the pier with the reception area. The vehicle track wound round the reception area and continued a very short distance to the restaurant.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- IELTS Listening Practice Test 110 - November 23, 2016
- IELTS Vocabulary Booster Ebook – Artur Krotkov & Nadin Miles - November 23, 2016
- Advent – Word Of The Day For IELTS - November 23, 2016