Describe A street that you like to visit – IELTS Cue Card Sample 30
Describe a street that you like to visit
You should say:
- where is it
- how often you go there
- what you usually do there
- and explain why you like to go there
Describe what you would do if you had a day off, free from work or study
You should say:
- where you would go
- what you would do there
- who you would go with
- and explain how you think you would feel at the end of this day
As a full-time employee/student, I don’t have much free time. As a result, whenever I have a day off, I visit my favourite street in the city. The name of the street is [….]. It is located near [……], and it is the place where I would always choose to go. I usually go there in the morning, park my moped in the nearby parking lot and walk along the street by myself.
Although I am quite a sociable person, I like my own space from time to time. Living in a metropolitan area with a fast-paced life doesn’t allow me to have time for myself that often. This is probably the only time I can escape from my regular routine, completely free and just breathe, without worrying about my job/my studies. This street is perfect for my purpose because there are only government offices around here, hence it is always quiet. Moreover, both side of the streets are planted with many big trees; their shade covers the whole street. On a sunny day, you can see the sun’s rays shining through the leaves.
Every time I come here, I feel fresh and less stressed, especially after my busy days at work/ preparing for exams. At the end of the day, I can refresh my mind and be ready for a new day.
- Moped: A motorcycle with a small engine and also pedals.
Eg: I sometimes use the engine on my moped, but more often I use the pedals, like a bicycle.
- Sociable: A sociable person is someone who enjoys spending time with other people.
Eg: she’s a sociable child who will talk to anyone.
- My own space: My freedom and time to think and do what I want.
Eg: he was tired of being with other people, so he went to his room to get some space.
- Metropolitan: Connected with a large city.
Eg: my brother lives in the New York metropolitan area.
- Fast-paced: Very busy
Eg: my university course is very fast-paced, so it is difficult to complete all my assignments on time.
- Shade: An area that is dark and cool under or behind something [like a tree], where the light of the sun does not reach it.
Eg: We sat down in the shade of the wall.
- Rays: Narrow lines of light.
Eg: The rays of the sun entered my window when the sun rose early in the morning.
- Refresh: To refresh somebody is to make them less tired or less hot.
Eg: A cool shower refreshed me after running in the park.
Also check :