The pie charts show the average consumption of food in the world in 2008 compared to two countries; China and India. Write a report to a university lecturer describing the data.
Write at least 150 words
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 23 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 22 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 21 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 17 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 12 – Table
The graphs illustrate the consumption of 4 types of food used in the word in 2008. The figures are compared to the amounts of food used in china and India in the same year.
As an overall trend, the two countries showed different food consumption from the world average, while processed food consumption still had the largest percentages in all the three charts.
In particular, processed food consumption was the highest in the in the world, accounting for 41%, which was followed by vegetables and fruits at 29% and animal food at a quarter. Only 4% consisted of nut and seeds consumption.
Likewise, China used processed food in the largest proportion of 39%. Animal food showed the same figure as the world’s average, 25%. Vegetable and fruits was used at 23% while nuts and seeds showed less than a half figure.
In India, both vegetable and processed food were used the most in the year 2008 with percentages of 34% and 32% respectively, nuts and seeds used in this country showed the largest proportion among the three charts given, making up 19% at this time.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
p style=”text-align: right;”>Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Education & Band 8.0 Sample Argumentative Essay - December 7, 2016
- Ten food idioms that are right under your nose to help score Band 8.0+ - December 6, 2016
- IELTS Writing Actual Tests (Task 2) in 2015 & Model Essays - December 5, 2016