The table below gives information about changes in modes of travel in Netherland between 2001 and 2006. Describe the information in the table and make comparisons where appropriate.
Write at least 150 words.
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 41 – Line Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 40 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 39 – Table
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 38 – Line Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 37 – Bar Chart
The chart illustrates average distance travelled by various modes of transport in Netherland in 2001 and 2006. The figures are given in miles and to show how people’s preference changed over time.
In general, people in Netherland travelled more in the year 2006 than in 2001. Cars showed unparalleled figures among the given categories. Except walking, using bicycles and taking local buses, most of the categories showed overall increases in the distance travelled.
In detail, a person driving his own car travelled 3,199 miles on average in 2001, and the average distance showed a moderate rise to 4,806 miles in 2006. Apart from cars, taking trains, using long distance buses and taxis also experienced an overall growth in their figures from 289 miles to 366, from 54 miles to 124, and from 13 miles to 42 respectively in the order named.
On the other hand, walking and rising bicycles were not more favored by Dutch people. Both categories showed a moderate decline in their figures. Meanwhile, the number of people who used local buses must have dropped significantly as the average distance experienced a dramatic fall from 429 miles in 2001 to 274 miles in 2006.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Education & Band 8.0 Sample Argumentative Essay - December 7, 2016
- Ten food idioms that are right under your nose to help score Band 8.0+ - December 6, 2016
- IELTS Writing Actual Tests (Task 2) in 2015 & Model Essays - December 5, 2016