You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 41 – Line Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 40 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 39 – Table
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 38 – Line Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 37 – Bar Chart
The table below highlights data on the number of travelers using three major German airports between 2007 and 2012.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
Airport visitors, 2007-2012 (millions of travelers per year)
The table shows information about how many people visited Germany through three major airports, over a five-year period, there was a fluctuant trend in the number of travelers who travelled via Dusseldorf, while the other two airports saw an upward trend. Another interesting point is that Frankfurt airport was the most popular at the end.
Looking at the detail, the number of passengers at Dusseldorf started at 27.2m in 2007, and then increased remarkably to reach the highest point of 48.2m in 2009. In 2011, the figure dipped to 33.2m. At the last year, there was a slight growth to 45.6m. On the other hand, Frankfort began at 36.5m in 98, after that it rose remarkably for the next three years, at 47.3m. In 2012, Frankfort hit the peak point at 69.3m passengers.
However, if we look at Berlin Tegal airport, it started at the lowest point of 17.3m travelers in the first year. After this point, the trend increased significantly to 43.3m passengers.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Task 1 in September 2016 & Sample Answer - October 23, 2016
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Gradable & Ungradable Adjectives - October 10, 2016
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Common Adverb+Adjective Collocations - October 9, 2016