IELTS Writing Actual Test in October, 2015 & Band 9.0 Argumentative Essay
Students today can easily access information online, so libraries are no longer necessary. Do you agree or disagree?
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Samples
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (December, 2015) & Band 9.0 Sample
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Health (October, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
- AcademicIELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (in September, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (in August, 2015) & Band 9.0 Argumentative Essay
Band 9.0 Sample:
Students are currently able to acquire information on the Internet in a much easier way than in the past. While I accept that online sources of information have advantages over traditional libraries, I would argue that there is still a great need for libraries in today’s world.
It is true that accessing information online has several clear benefits. The first one is that online sources can store a huge amount of information that is greater than any physical library. This allows researchers to easily get the information they need without having to travel to a local library. Furthermore, students can look for information on the Internet whenever they want, while most libraries can only be visited during several hours per day. As a result, it might be better for those who are busy to utilise online information sources.
However, I believe that physical libraries still have special features that online sources can never replace. Firstly, libraries usually provide quiet areas, which is a great environment for students to learn and research since they are less likely to be distracted by things around them. For example, some of my university friends claim that they can only concentrate when they are in a quiet study area in my university library. Secondly, since everyone can easily write and post information on the Internet, these online sources are not always reliable for research. Therefore, we need libraries whose staff members have the responsibility to select and provide readers with the most credible materials.
In conclusion, while I agree that there are great benefits of getting information on the Internet, I disagree with the idea that traditional libraries are no longer important.
(277 words, by Quang Thắng)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Reading Practice Test 23 - December 7, 2016
- IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Education & Band 8.0 Sample Argumentative Essay - December 7, 2016
- Ten food idioms that are right under your nose to help score Band 8.0+ - December 6, 2016