IELTS WRITING TASK 2 TOPIC:
While many people go to university for academic study, more people should be encouraged to do vocational training because there is lack of qualified workers such as electricians and plumbers. Do you agree or disagree?
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic ( In May, 2016) & Band 9 Model Essay
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in Sydney, Australia – December, 2016 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test in July, 2016 & Sample Essay
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test in June, 2016 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests from June to December 2016 & Model Essays (Updating)
It is true that we live in a society that places a high emphasis on white-collar jobs, which leads to a shortage of competent blue-collar workers. Therefore, I totally agree with the idea that more teenagers need to be urged to take a course in vocational schools.
On the macro level, this policy could create the balance between the two types of workers. Obviously, manual workers contribute to the growth of the economy as much as those working in the office do. As a result, if a country fails to have a sufficient number of manual workers, the growth of the economy might be negatively affected. For example, when a country does not have enough electricians, the whole electricity grid of that country might be at the risk of malfunction. The obvious consequence of this situation is that the power supply to factories and businesses would be unstable and interrupted, which hinders the proper operation of its economy.
On the micro level, as there is a lack of skilled worker, those who possess a trade will seek employment more easily. Recent graduates from universities are unable to have a job due to the intense competition and oversupply in the labor market. By contrast, most vocational schools often offer programs that are in high demand or shortage. This means that after finishing these courses, students are guaranteed a job in local factories. Consequently, many people with a bachelor degree in business administration or finance are still jobless whereas those with a trade of plumbing or nursing have a good job and, therefore, ensure a successful future.
In conclusion, the society is in a severe shortage of skilled workers; hence, encouraging more youngsters to attend trade schools is actually necessary to maintain the economy in good shape.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 34 (Task 1 & 2) & Sample Answers - January 10, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test (Task 1, 2) in January 2017 & Model Essays - January 10, 2017
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Hometown & Sample Answers - January 9, 2017