IELTS Writing Actual Test in September, 2015 & Band 9 Cause/Solution Essay – Topic: Healthy Lifestyle
Fewer and fewer people walk on a daily basis. What are the reasons and how to encourage them to spend their time walking?
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Answers
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Health (October, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
- AcademicIELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (in September, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (in September, 2015) & Band 9.0 Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (in August, 2015) & Band 9.0 Argumentative Essay
Band 9.0 Sample:
People seem to be increasingly reluctant to have a walk regularly. As there are certain causes of such a trend, some solutions are also available to urge people to walk more.
Amongst the reasons for the lack of people’s interest in the walking activity, the convenience of modern technology in travelling and the boredom of walking activity are the two significant ones. Firstly, some technological applications which support travelling such as electric lifts and escalators are very common in public places. These devices help people to move to the higher levels of a building more easily and quickly than using the stairs, so people would feel unnecessary to walk. Secondly, walking for exercise can seem monotonous to many people because they have to repeat a series of actions every day, unlike going to the gym where they can use different exercising machines; additionally, it is less boring to train with and talk to other members at the gym.
In order to raise people’s interest in walking, there are some workable solutions to be adopted. To begin with, walking the stairs can be made a more enjoyable experience by adding some attractive decorations to them. For example, some 3D painting artists can be hired to paint their eye-catching works of art on the walls and the stair cases, which may make people excited to use the stairs the next time. In addition, companies can offer some incentives such as free gym membership to the employees who use the stairs instead of the lift. They can also hold a company event in form of a walking competition with prizes to promote the benefits of walking for health.
In conclusion, people dislike walking for several reasons, and this problem of inactivity can be addressed with some measures suggested.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS WRITING TASK 1 IN 2017 WITH SAMPLE ANSWERS - November 29, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Aging Population & Model Answers - November 29, 2017
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in November 2017 & Model Answers - November 25, 2017